Stuff

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

More gardening.

So much to do around my backyard. The shed isn't completely done yet. Went to home depot, bought plants and more pots. The rain made the backyard even dirtier.

I had to skip my gym and cardio session yesterday and today. I'm trying to get my plants in since the ground is good to be working on from the rain. I bought few red Salvia and also purle one. They are filler for my front yard. Also got me some mix short Zinias. Again, they are filler for where it needs some color.

I also got 3 blueberries. They are small right now. And transplanted them into a nicer clay pot. I am looking forward to some fruit next year. I have one in big clay pot and for two years we only got few of berries from it. The location wasn't great. So 2 weeks ago, I asked my son to help me bring down the clay pot to where it used to be 3 years ago where we had quite a bit of berries from it. So hopefully this summer we will be able to get some sweet, super full blue berries.

This year since my son isn't playing much basketball, they move the ring and so I can use the driveway planter to plant some veggies. I have one japanese eggplant, some tamatos, pepper, lettuce, and some strawberries. I hope to get some good crop from them somehow.


strawberries

romaine lettuce
I planted marigolds in between my veggie as companion plant. I hope they work.

radish.
This is an experiment. Normally you should directly sow them in the ground. I transplanted them today. 

Arugula. I transplanted them today as well.

Chamomile.
Since I don't have heating pad for seeds to sit on for faster germination, I use a recycle container from food and put paper towel, wet it and sprinkle some seeds on and cover it.

No comments: