Stuff

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Done and over with

Now what!! That Los Angeles marathon 2016 is done and over with. My thighs are screaming in pain. My feet are sore. My body do not want to do anything but sit. My eyes want to shut! Simply tired!

Funny when I was on the course I've said to myself "I'm not doing this again"!! and I believed I said it to myself over the 26.2 miles. Specially when I had to stop and wiggle my feet and stretched a bit. 

Herb and I were standing with tons of people in the 8min. mile pace area. Somehow we lost our friend with us since she needed to go to the restroom. So, when the gun went off, she's way at the back. Herb and I waited for her arrival at the finish line. I was so happy and proud of her. She got reunited with her bf after walking down where the family can meet the runners. She was so happy and he was so proud of her.
Liza and I.

The first 4 miles were really huge challenge. There were many people next to each other. I just had to work myself in and wave at Herb goodbye. I had to stop at one of the port a potty just before the big hill by the Disney Concert Hall. I just couldn't hold all those 2 cups of coffee. I needed caffeine.

I had too many stops to make this time of the race. After I passed the 18 mile post, I kept stopping to give my feet a short break. I meant few seconds. 

Passing the 20 mile marker, I was just so tired. I keep thinking to myself 'this is what I get when I didn't have enough sleep but maybe 3 hrs. But then again, I keep saying I'm not doing this again!! When I passed happy people to give runners boost, I forgot the pain. 

The last 4 miles stretch, was too long. I remember keep looking for mile marker. When it said, 22, I wanted to see 25. LOL. 

I did push myself this time. I don't even know how much I was pushing but in my calculation every time I look at my watch, I was on my training pace to finish under 5 hours. And I did finish way under 5 hrs this time. A new PR 4:22. Not bad for injured foot and less than 3 months training. I might consider doing it again. wahaha.

Now my thighs are really sore. I haven't ran since Sunday, the race. But today, I only did 3.7 miles and boy, I couldn't focus. My legs were just tired and so sore. My eyes just want to shut the business while running. I was scared to stumble so had to really keep my eyes open. I don't blame it. LOL. My body just want to relax all day but I have some house duty to do.  Like, I better finish up with this blah blah blah, so I can make dinner. Just like husband , he still have to do some work to pay bills. So it's just fair I put in my time as well. 

So, the marathon is done, what's next,  husband asked!. I said, tons of thing here I need to do. Like my gardening. I want to plant veggies this year. I want to make shoe rack. I want to make coffee table for my daughter and of course her and I will be doing it together as project. I want to do lots of photography. So there!  

So for now, adios! I gotta cook the dinner. You ask what's for dinner. I'm making Beef red curry, sounds good, yeah! with rice. I'm hungry now. 

No comments: