Stuff

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Making shoe cabinet

So happy it's done. I wasn't sure if I will make it to the end but I did! I did it.

I looked around to buy cabinet for our shoes. I couldn't find one that I like. So, I built my own!

Not so bad for first timer. What really makes the difference is that, you need the right tools and patience and eagerness to learn and do it. 

Luckily, hubby got me all the tools I needed except my patience and the eagerness part..LOL, that no one can buy me!

My first time to use plainer. Hubby used it when we were installing our windows a year ago. At first I was intimated by it, but my willingness told me to go and just do it. It wasn't difficult as I thought I would feel. I plained 2 of 2x6 and 10 ' long boards for the top of cabinet. They were left overs from our project last year. So happy I did it. I was so impressed of myself.

The challenging part of doing the cabinet were the doors. But I got it done.


Another tool that I first got my hands on was a router. Oh that was really intimidating. This is not a big router. It's the handy one, so it will overheat once in a while. But, i learned when to stop and give it a break. I really like the tool. I can see myself making picture frames with it.. oh just so many cool things to make now. 


I routed the 2x4 so my door panel fits flush. Oh so happy with it.

This is the finish.

cabinet 

Any who, I am just as happy as can be. I finished it with Mahagony wax


No comments: