Stuff

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

And so the decision

I've pushed myself hard in training for los angeles marathon. And today was the decision day. Husband and I talked about my injury and after coming home early from my long run, we agreed not to do it.

I'm so bum by it. But having to go through pain and that, it's better to play it safe. Wasn't easy since we both trained harder. I have been doing a 15 miles run, as my long run but didn't think that I have 11 more miles to add to it to make 26.2 miles. And with 15 miles, I'm in pain while running. So if I do 26 miles, i will be in so much pain. Shin issues,  knee irritation, back problems and so on are some other issues to deal with.

I wish I didn't slipped a month ago. This wouldn't be  a battle to decide. It brought back memory. Husband was injured prior to the marathon day in 2012 and we decided not to do it for same reason.

I realized that all these running and trying to be fit comes with a whole lot of aches and pain. I guess if I were to just do enough so I'm not gaining weight is probably enough to sustain. Not to the max where I'm tired running and I can't get my feet off the ground high enough where I don't stumble on cracks or stepped on leaves and what not on the side walk. Really is nut.

Though I won't stop running but not too much where I get so tired.

Take care and each other.

No comments: