Stuff

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Doing the 2016 Los Angeles Marathon

Husband and I been training as much as we can for the last month or so. I got injured few weeks ago. He has issues also in his knee and ankle.

So, the marathon is just 10 days away. I have been able to put in lots of miles. Today I made it to another 15 miles on the road. So tiring but I made it to where I want to. Every week at least I do one 15 miles as my long run. And 8 miles in between. Though I take maybe 2 days off of running a week. And put in gym time as well.

We are waiting until the 10th of this month to sign up. Why wait? Because there was a year that we signed up early and just weeks before the race, husband got injured , bad. He twisted his ankle accidently and it was swolen bad. Wasted more than 400.00 dollars. So with that experience, we will wait until they say it's closing.

The side walk that we ran on, had some nice trees. And these trees had some sort of hard ball that falls off of them during fall season . Those hard balls looking things are pretty hard. I usually look down where I'm going to step. I always avoid stepping on anything even little rock or pebble because I could slipped down. And that's what exactly happened to me. I slipped and down I went. I twisted my ankle and cried in pain. I sat down on concrete for a bit to gather myself. When I got up, tried to run but couldn't. Walking was hard but I walked a mile to get home. So from husband's experience, those things goes away in time. 8 weeks he said is the usual time to heal. So, that's my problem. It's healing slowly.

The marathon is getting so expensive. This year, right now, it's 200.00. Plus the charge to register online. And when everything is said and done, probably 500.00 is what husband said that we are going to spend. I told him, I'm not so excited about it anymore but he said " we're training". I said yeah, but still we still have to decide according to our body. LOL

Deep down in me I want to do it. Even more so since my friend Liza is going to do it. It will be her first one. I'm excited for her. Though she said she's not training much but I think she'll do just great. She's done many half marathons though.

No comments: