Stuff

Thursday, April 19, 2012

meniscus

So, it's been  a week since all that blood work was done. 


I called my primary doctor to find out what did he find out about all that he ordered for me to do yesterday. Everything he ordered he said came back normal. ie: cholesterol count, iron is normal, no  hypertension, mammogram was good too.


Today, I had an appointment with the orthopedic guy to read me my MRI on my left knee. It's a torn meniscus! hmm.. husband was with me to help me deciding and understand what doctor's saying. So today, I learned  that meniscus don't heal. 


We told him that we will think about what he suggested, surgery. Meanwhile, I am going to see a sport doctor which he refers me to. I yet have to get that phone call from his office giving me the doctors name and number. He suggest that I speak to one to get more better idea since he is only a physician's assistant! 


This particular knee I had an operation on it with the torn cartilage long time ago. I am not sure if it has something to do with the problem I have now. But whatever it is, I will keep in mind that this meniscus don't heal then therefore I have an option to operate on it or just keep the minimum running. 


All this extreme running is taking a toll on my knee. I will consider what it take to prevent surgery from happening. 







No comments: