Stuff

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Busy morning

Blood work done! MRI on left knee done! Mammogram..oh so very done!

Hurried in for walk in this morning in Arcadia. Got there 2 minutes after 8 am. I looked around and the room was almost full, seat for maybe 30 people. Wrote my name down and got second on the list. I asked the lady " how long is the wait, " 30 minutes maybe, she replied. I nodded to acknowledge. Sat down and cell phone rang, it's husband letting me know he just got into the gym which is a block away from where I was. 10 minutes into my seat, my name was called and feeling good that i will make it out there by 8:30 for my MRI across the building, a block away. Nice nurse took 4 little tubes of my blood. She was great doing her job! She had me read my name on the tubes she labelled for testing and gave me a cup to ..of course pee in it.. went to do the business and tada..I was done before my 8:30..

Funny how I felt when I know I have to fast. I somewhat panic when I can't have coffee. Husband made an appointment online for my blood work for 10:15 am. I said to him that I will be famished by then, he laughed.  So instead of me getting cranky by that time I insisted that we should try getting there early so I can have coffee after the blood work otherwise. I was thankful that he did and got it done like I wanted to. I called him to let him know I'm drinking my coffee and he was glad.

So, into the radiology office I went. Got there so on time. Lady gave me papers to fill out and handed back to her. A nurse opened the door and called my name. She took me into the locker room first and put my purse away. She then took me to the MRI room where I there is this humongous machine. She talked to me for a little bit then she had me hopped on to this bed thingi. She placed some tray under my left knee that needs to be read by this machine to be comfortable and put warm blanket on me. She then put ear plugs on my ears. As she's putting them in I was wondering why I needed those things in. 


She walked away from me right away and this machine somewhat push me down where my head is out of the machine. I felt claustrophobic as I lay there, so weird. So then I heard someone talking on this microphone. I supposed not to move and did just that. I just looked up and there is that little holes where the sound of a person coming out. She said, just a minute still punching your name. a moment later the she said "this is one minute"..i didn't say anything. All of a sudden there is this noise as if there jack hammering near me or another way to described was like a sewing machine came on. She then said again, this is another 4 minutes..and the 4 minutes hearing jack hammering noise went on 4 times. Nothing to do but think it's for my best interest. I need to know what is making my knee tight when bending towards my buttocks. 


I felt relieved when all that noises was done and out of the office. She handed me my cd for the ortho doctor to read. I yet have to make an appointment for that one. So I hurried outside, walked a few meters away and into this women's imaging center for mammogram. I signed in and shortly after that I was taken inside to change the top clothing and put on this nice, cold, pink top they provided. I locked my purse, clothing and my coffee cup. I then sat in second waiting room.5 minutes into seating and watching the HGTV she called my name. Her name was Julie. After my boobs got some photography, I uttered to Julie, "no wonder i didn't come here last year".. she laugh and said " i know it hurts". I didn't say anything. She said "we are all done and set ". I got my clothes back on and outside I went.. I walked across the street to see husband at the gym. By this time he's done with weight but cardio. There's no machine available, all taken. 
We were on the same path, going somewhere..LOL. thanks for slow company.
We drove away and went to the soup place that we like near out house. It's good to have for lunch when it's cold and raining outside. We drove home after that.


I'm happy that all that was done now. It's been put off because of no time. I can now make an appointment to see the doctor which will make me happy to know what is happening with my knee. 


Hubby drove me to Home Depot and picked up two beautiful big pots..and ohhh i also got one hanging plant.*.*



No comments: