Stuff

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Potted Strawberries

So, Last spring, I decided to buy a pack of strawberries to plant. Went to Home Depot and got a pack of 8 plants. Planted them by the driveway. My driveway gets afternoon full sun in summer.
I was encouraged to plant more after eating the first few hand full we got from them, they were absolutely sweet!!  So onto the planning how to propagate what I have. I was searching on how to's stuff on the internet.



The bag here was a coffee bean bag that my lovely daughter gave me for Christmas, 3 years ago. Of course I used up all the yummy coffee beans and kept the bag for future use. And that is the best I can come up with. 


This pot I made few years ago. My hypertufa pot. Decided to relocate what was in it and transferred my strawberries in. When I moved it it cracked in the middle. I glued it back and tied it so I can use it a little bit longer.

My very old thick plastic rectangular planter. It was white when I bought it and decided to spray paint in green so it's not eye sore!!


So, I added two more little strawberries plants on this bag to experiment how it will grow. If this is a success then I can make more like it since I really like how it looks. 



・  

Well, this is for now and will update when I harvest them. So excited.

No comments: