Stuff

Friday, March 16, 2012

we can't do it.

Okay, I know there are more REAL sad stories to be sad for but I need to VENT.. i know am crazy but like I said... i need to vent.

So, last weekend, particularly Saturday,  nice sunny day husband decided to go out for his regular runs around the hood after weights from the gym. He wanted to use his brand new shoes that had been sitting in the closet for 2 yrs or more.. yes, I think he's nuts ...
  1. one is for keeping stuff in the boxes and let it set for years until he remembers them.
  2. two is  knowing you have a week left before the marathon that you are so excited to do..
So, that day he came home so early..usually he's gone for at least an hour. He came back and found me by the swimming pool cleaning some flower beds.  I said to him , "you're early"? he replied back " my ankle seems to be bothered and maybe it's not a good idea to push.. and I said,  "it;'s always good to take a break even for little bit.

So, he said "maybe I need to iced it".. then I start thinking that this doesn't sound good and plus when it's serious he then find something to fix the problem. Quickly I said to him, "maybe just sit by the pool and soaked your feet in that cold swimming pool".. and he replied, "yeah , that's a good idea.

Sunday , we both decided to go to the gym. Took our time lounging around the house. Made it to the gym and we did weights together. After 1.5 hrs of it we decided to run on treadmills. I had my Vibrams on and so was he. After maybe 10 minutes into it, he got off of his treadmill and into the Elliptical for the rest of the hour.

Him hoping on that treadmill got every single issue he had on his right ankle worst. We got home fine but in the evening he really was worried. He now realizing that he is in trouble. He iced it over the night..He kept icing it every time he can.

Wednesday morning, he called to see the doctor about it. We both went in. I have knee issues too that I am worried about. So doctor told me..
  • You should not run.
  • You are going to have an X-ray done.
  • and you are going to see an orthopedic.
For husband doctor said,
  • It will take more than few days to recover with your injury.
  • You are going to have an X-ray done.
  • You are going to see a podiatrist..
So both of us went and got our x rays done and we are now waiting for our insurance to tell us goooooo..

So with that result from the doctor, we tried as best as we can to accept that
  • injuries happened when you pushed yourself more than the usual and
  • that there is another year to do it.

So it's Friday today. We went to retrieved our bibs and gear check bags this morning and came home so sad.. seeing the excitement out there sucks. I want to run. Herb wants to run. We both cannot run.



Gale Anderson from KTLA on the blue color long sleeve shirt, that is the color of the marathon this year.

After finding our names on that van, i pose for a little bit. Our names were on the back bumper of the van.

Herb poses and told me "it sucks"..

It's hard not to be smiling with all that excitement in there. this is on our way out of the expo..

Our bibs. We were supposed to have our personalized name on it but it's not there..I wonder what happened. They might have ran out of ink on us. what a luck for us.!!
 I am sad that we can not run this race. Those bibs are not going to smell the polluted Los Angeles air at all.

I guess I look at the bright side of all it..
  • We're keeping up with our weights.
  • At least for me, I have learned not to pushed too hard on myself about running.
  • There is always another time for it.

No comments: