Stuff

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

reminded of:

I set goals as to what I need to do as preparation for this marathon.

So, I have been doing short runs plus gym. The longest run I attempt was last week which was Friday, and didn't get much needed run. I only got maybe 9 miles. So I planned again to do it..

Told husband on Sunday evening that I will be running a long run the next day. He replied yes and that means you are not coming to the gym then, and I said "exactly"!..

Monday morning, had all my mind set that I will be pounding on the ground again today and that will be for hours.. yes, 3 hours.. I kept saying this to myself as to mentally prepare me..

Forecast was rain later in the day.. 9 am came got something to eat and by 10 am I was out the door. I wore my K-Swiss brand new shoes that we bought last year at the expo. I think it has more support that might help aid my injured knee. That shoes gave me so much shin issues on Friday and that was the reason I couldn't get all what I wanted to do..So off I went..I count down as to how many loops I have left to do.. it's funny how my little brain works for stuff that I do.. anyhow, I needed to get 9 loops to get my 15 miles in. So at the third loop, I said am going at the house to go pee and then take my gel to eat when doing the 5th loop!! I did that..So by the 5th loop  I opened my gel and ate some of it. For crying out loud, the rain came. I am at least 3/4 of a mile from home. So I stopped and wrapped my phone with my hanky then decided to go home to change my shoes. Called my husband to let him know that it's pouring here.. he was at the gym.. I said, "am going to change my shoes to a nike one since I really don't want my new expensive shoes to get wet." he said that it maybe a good idea. I changed and off to the pavement again. It wasn't pouring at this time now but the memory of the last year's marathon came back. Here, I had all the gears on that I was wearing on that memorable day for thousands of runners..The rain actually stopped right after I got back on the road. Other than it was really cold and windy, it was otherwise alright for me to be running.

My first, second and third loop was alright. My knees still have same issues but I kept going. It's a pain where I could somehow compensate mentally. Towards the end of third loop and into the 4th, my toes started feeling pushed against, but again, i needed to end that 4th loop. I stuck it through and just so I get all that 8 miles in from my nike shoes, I went up the hill by my house and while passing my house, I looked at the gate to see if it's unlock and it wasn't. So meaning husband still at the gym.. So I got to the top of the hill and decided to turn around , I wasn't completely turned and here my husband getting ready to growl at me to scare the day light out of me..I said, " thought you were going to do everything at the gym"?,,he said.. "but it stopped raining so I came home to run".. and I said, "well, am done and am going home"..so he ran down the hill with me and into the house we both got in..I said..."I thought you are going to run", yes he replied but I need to get something else at the house.. so after he got what he wanted,off to the road he was..

Our dinner was yummy. I made chicken with cream of mushroom soup. My son don't like mushroom. I let him know that our dinner will be chicken with cream of mushroom to prep his mind while walking him to school that morning. As to my surprised, he loves the dinner. He asked for seconds.. so that was A good rating !! we had rice and salad. Husband had bake potato instead of rice.

So all together our day was very delightful. I got my 15 miles in--even I had to changed shoes--- plus husband got to run more miles than any other days for short time..and the very good thing is that, baby boy love that chicken with cream of mushroom...yeah... that seemed to be the highlight of the day..

And then yesterday, I ran again for about 8 miles. I did my weights with husband too. But today, I wish I didn't run yesterday. My knees are complete mess!! ahh.. I decided to take a break and just sit here.. but not really sit, cause I vacuumed the house...

I really really hope that I will be able to run the race..!! God be with me..!!

No comments: